Third grade mathematics
In third grade, students will continue to build their concept of numbers, developing an understanding of fractions as numbers. They will learn the concepts behind multiplication and division and apply problem-solving skills and strategies for multiplying and dividing numbers up through 100 to solve word problems. Students will also make connections between the concept of the area of a rectangle and multiplication and addition of whole numbers. There are six units in third grade. Each unit below has resources and information that you will need to support your child in the mathematics.
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction of Whole Numbers
- Unit 2: Developing Multiplication and Division Operation Sense
- Unit 3: Multiplication and Division Reasoning Strategies - Coming soon
- Unit 4: Using Geometric Attributes - Coming soon
- Unit 5: Understanding, Representing, and Comparing Fractions - Coming soon
- Unit 6: Measurement - Coming soon