First grade mathematics
In first grade, students will work with whole numbers and place value, including grouping numbers into tens and ones as they learn to add and subtract up through 20. Students will also understand the rules of addition and subtraction (for example, 5 + 2 = 2 + 5) and understand the meaning of an equal sign. There are six units in first grade. Each unit below has resources and information that you will need to support your child in the mathematics.
- Unit 1: Building Number Patterns and Meanings
- Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction Fact Strategies
- Unit 3: Geometry - Coming soon
- Unit 4: Place Value Understanding - Coming soon
- Unit 5: Using Place Value to Add and Subtract - Coming soon
- Unit 6: Measurement - Coming soon