Upcoming activities and events
School Activities and Community Events will be posted here according to category. The postings may not be a Warren Consolidated Schools' program or event, nor is the district in any way affiliated with the advertised program. Registration or distribution of this flyer at a district facility is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval by the district of the activity or program advertised.
Nonprofit organizations that want to advertise on our website contact Renee Burch for approval.
School Activities, Athletic Camps, Class Reunions and Fundraising Events:
- Join the Sterling Heights High School Booster Club at Leo’s Coney Island for a Profit Share Night
Thursday, March 23
- : Pasta Dinner & Shopping Extravaganza sponsored by the Sterling Heights High School Band Boosters
Monday, March 27
- Cousino High School Princess Knight
Friday, March 31 @ 5:30 – 8:30pm
- The Sterling Heights High School Band Booster Club is sponsoring a Golf Outing
Sunday, May 7 at Maple Lane Golf Course
- City of Sterling Heights Battle of the Bands – Teen contest
Deadline to enter May 18
Community NEWS and Events:
- Sterling Heights residents are asked to reduce water usage while technicians work to repair the collapsed sanitary sewer line along 15 Mile Road.
- The City of Sterling Heights is accepting applications for part time and substitute bus drivers for the Smart Bus program operated through the Parks and Recreation Department’s Senior Center.
- DIA Inside|Out
- Sterling Heights Parks and Recreation Connection Newsletter
- Warren Parks and Recreation Newsletter
Resources - Help Within the Community
In these tough economic times, many families are facing or have experienced the loss of jobs, health care and other necessary supports. The following is a list of agencies to contact if you or someone you know is feeling the effects of this economic crisis:
- Discount Dental: Super Teeth - 586.756.6888 in Warren
- Free or Low Cost Community Services: http://www.misd.net/connection
- Glasses: Lions Club – contact School Social Worker
- Health Care for Children: MiChild/Healthy Kids (coverage up to age 19) www.michigan.gov/mdch, and click on Health Care Coverage.
- Health Care for Adults:http://www.hrsa.gov
- Heat for your home: The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) pays toward heating bills 800.866.8429 or www.thawfund.org
- Job postings: A new link to a variety of private sector jobs in the community set up by the State of Michigan – www.michigan.gov/jobs
- United Way 2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember telephone number that connects people with resources that improve their lives. The 2-1-1 call specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 a days a week, and are ready to provide information about a wide range of community services – including health care, job training, child care, mortgage foreclosure assistance and more.