CHS is a Professional Learning Community...
Community High School...
A Professional Learning Community
||Community High School began the Professional Learning Community (PLC) process in the fall of 2005. Alternative education teachers work together to assure that all students are learning. We have changed the culture of our school from the focus being on teaching to that of learning, working in isolation to working collaboratively, and everyone holding themselves accountable for results.
|Community High School teachers focus discussions on four questions that must be answered:
- What do we want each student to learn?
- How will we know when each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when a student experiences difficulty in learning?
- What do we do if they already know the material?
||Community High School staff members look for students who have difficulty learning and respond by designing strategies to ensure that the struggling students receive additional time and support no matter who their teacher is. These responses must be:
- Based on intervention rather than remediation
Back to Top
| Contact Us
Community High School
November 7, 2014