|You may reach Ms. Collins at 586-574-3171 Ext. 20135|
Staff Leadership Sponsor
What describes Student Leadership at Community High School?
- Our students are generous and very "issue" oriented.
- We started the Recycling Club and collect recyclable material from all three schools and offices within Butcher every Thursday after school.
- We joined the district in the "PINK OUT" Breast Cancer Awareness month by wearing pink and decorating the halls with pink ribbons.
- Anti-Bullying Day was a day that we went all out! Many students and staff showed up in "ORANGE." Many of us read and discussed articles on bullying. The lessons and feelings that were shared were invaluable to everyone.
- "Random Acts of Kindness" is a weekly drawing, with a small gift for the winner. The staff members carry raffle tickets and when they spot a student doing something that is random and kind, the student gets a raffle ticket. A raffle ticket is drawn every Friday, and gifts are candy or gift cards.
- ALL Community High Students are WELCOME! Leadership meetings are Wednesdays, right after school until about 3:30 pm in Ms. Collins Room 135.
- Canned Food Drive for CommUNITY starts Monday the 12th. The 5th hour with most cans wins a pizza party; ends Monday the 19th; boxes will be given to each class on Monday & you may decorate anyway you want; ask if there is a leadership kid in your 5th hour that can be your point person
Parent-Teacher conferences on November 19 & 20. We will have a few leadership students here to help direct the parents in the hallways; we should also have our order forms for the t-shirts on display for parents to purchase; please let me know if you are interested in purchasing any clothing also
- Check out some Community High School apparel. Sweats. Hoodies. T-shirts.
We are making a Butcher Cook Book. Please submit a few of your top recipes by emailing me the recipes; this should be cute and a fun way to try new things