Purpose for our site...
This site is designed for you, the parents, friends and community members who have an interest in the students and programs of Community High School. CHS is the Alternative Education high school in the Warren Consolidated Schools district. There is so much for you to explore and find within these pages. The links at the left of this page and at the top will provide helpful information and resources for you to use. Please visit this site often and add it to your Favorites list.
- MANY NEW ITEMS TO READ! Please see below...
- NEW - Prom 2017!
- NEW - Our drama class recently read to Holden Elementary students in celebration of "Reading Month:" Check out the pictures!
- Check out some highlights of the WCS Writing Celebration, including recognition of Damman Damman & Denae Ward
- Community HS students read to Holden Elementary students. Check out the video by clicking the link
- "Macomb Community College offers Career Academies for High School Students. Students can earn a FULL Life Skills CREDIT (read the 2nd page of the Life Skills Seminar document for Credit Requirements)"
- VERY IMPORTANT SENIOR INFO - Senior Letter--Important Information & Dates
- Parents, Please Read...There are Many Opportunities for Your Graduate in Skilled Trades in MI.
"The Going-Pro site (www.going-pro.com) is continually being improved to add more content for students and parents on career opportunities and training locations. This campaign is a collaborative effort of the Talent Investment Agency (TIA), the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), the Office of Career and Technical Education (OCTE), TED, and MDE to leverage resources to promote high skill, high demand, high paying jobs in Michigan."
- "Balancing Life's Challenges--Building Resilience" (this counts as a SEMINAR...remember to take the Attendance Verification Form with you to the event)" April 19th: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- REMINDER FOR WORK WINDOWS - Parents and students: The teachers at Community High School use "Work Windows" to assist students in completing and submitting their work in a timely manner. Please check the attached document to see the dates of each teacher's work window.
- COMMUNITY HS OVERVIEW - Are you interested in Community HS and what it can do for you? Check out the PowerPoint presentation for an overview of the program here.
- We're glad you're at our site! Please make a habit of visiting Community High School on the web. Also take the time to check your son's or daughter's progress using Power School.
First-time logging in : Go to the WCS Parent Portal Resource Page
If you have logged in before: Go straight to Power School
- This site does not display properly using the Mozilla Firefox web browser. The site is best viewed using Internet Explorer.
- Report an absence, early dismissal or tardiness on the CHS absence hotline.
- Visitor Registration: "Please keep in mind that all visitors to the school should sign in and receive a Visitor's Pass at the School Office before proceeding to their destination in the school. This rule is necessary if we are to insure that persons outside the school community do not wander around the school. We wish to safeguard your children so let us know when you are here, even if you just stopped by to bring in a forgotten lunch." From WCS Parent Handbook
Community High School provides a nurturing and challenging environment which empowers students to learn, grow and accomplish academic, social and vocational goals and to become life-long learners and productive members of society.